Topic

The problem with ponchos in wind

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) The problem with ponchos in wind

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Gunnar H
    BPL Member

@qy

Yes, I am aware the one Roger has made. I like it better than the Packa but we have slightly different preferences, so I am following a slightly different route.

It is also a bit of fun to work out solutions, even though the sewing is more of a necessary evil (hope that expression works in English).

If I find a commercial product that works the way I want I will buy it.

Having said that, it is not that difficult if you are more interesting in function than in performing beautiful handcraft. Starting this I hadn’t some any sawing since school 40 years ago. You need a sewing machine, a bit of time, and a lot of patience. It may not come out beautiful (as you see from my photo above)  but it will work. And if you want to do Rogers design you already have pattern and instruction.

Viewing 26 post (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools