Topic

the making of the high sierra trail documentary

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web the making of the high sierra trail documentary

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ben .
    BPL Member

@frozenintime

in one of my patented feverish google sessions looking into the history of trail building in the sierra nevada, i came across this year-old documentary about the building of the high sierra trail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jgiU6Kq1nI

walking the HST last fall, i was overwhelmed by the skill and labor that must have gone into carving out a trail through the granite between bearpaw and precipice lake. and it turns out (at least according to this film) that section may be the high point in american trail building history. worth a look for the curious.

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

Good stuff,.  thanks for that.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Yes, thank you..

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Wow just found this thread!  I’m actually flying up to Oregon in Oct to interview the guy in this film for a new High Sierra Trail documentary I’m working on.

chris smead
    BPL Member

@hamsterfish

Locale: San Jose, CA

Little update: I interviewed Bill Tweed (from the above mentioned older documentary) on camera last weekend.  I’ve never met a more knowledgeable, wise and eloquent individual.   His interview footage was so good it will end up serving as a guiding voice for my new High Sierra Trail Documentary coming out May 5, 2018.  It will be screened live in a theater in Campbell, CA, and eventually released on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/user/hamsterfish

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools