Topic

Tenkara in 2022

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Fishing & Tenkara Tenkara in 2022

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

I’ve come to realize, that when trout fishing, it’s not the amount or size of fish caught but the friends you are with and the time spent in nature. When I’m on the water I forget about life and it’s problems. In Japanese it’s called Shinrin-yoku. Translated: making contact with and taking in the atmosphere of the forest.

Tough Wading

brian H
    BPL Member

@b14

Locale: Siskiyou Mtns

As a lifetime worshiper of wild trout, I must add: regarding size, there is a trade-off between size and beauty. Small stream-bound wild trout are among the most beautiful creatures on the planet. As they age and grow their colors dull and their beauty loses its outrageous extremes. thank you for another incredible photo album!

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Brian, I agree 100% with you.

YoPrawn
    Spectator

@johan-river

Locale: Cascadia

I tried Tenkara fishing this year…

for Chinook salmon!

Talk about getting one’s arms ripped from their sockets. Having a 30 lb nook slam onto the end of the 80# line on a fast run, there’s isn’t anything to take the shock. I got yanked into the river a few times for a full-body swim. :)

Tenkara is more suited for the milder trout streams, now that I think of it.

I did it just because my fishing pole broke, so I went and got a PVC pipe and used it as a Tenkara rod. The looks I got from other fishermen was better than the fishing itself. haha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools