Topic

Suggestions for Croatia or Slovenia short multi day hikes in April

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Suggestions for Croatia or Slovenia short multi day hikes in April

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Debra Campbell
    Spectator

@campbelldnd

My husband, adult daughter and I are wanting to do some hut or tent hiking in Croatia or Slovenia in April.  We will be in Budapest visiting our son and his family during this time.  Has anyone done some backpacking in either of these countries and have favorite hikes?  We would love to hear any suggestions!

Thank you, Debbie, Dave and Jen

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I lived in Muggia, near the border between Italy and Slovenia for  a year and went hiking  the Karst mountains just about every weekend. There are many beautiful caves to visit . I don’t remember the names at the moment but if you google Slovenia Karst caves you should find some tips on how to get there. Beautiful mountains to hike even without getting into the caves; I enjoyed my excursions there a whole lot. Sorry this is so vague but I had to chime in since I have such good memories of my time there and the wonderful country people I met while hiking :)

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

The area around Triglav is wonderful.

Cheers

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

You might ask over at

http://www.trek-lite.com/index.php

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools