Topic

sterno inferno

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) sterno inferno

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    marjolein Keuning
    BPL Member

@laincha

Locale: netherlands

Does anyone know where you can buy a sterno inferno hx mug? don’t want to buy a whole stash system, which I won’t use, because I want to use a flatcatgear system…. By the way, I mean in the EU, not USA….

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

The Sterno Inferno stopped production probably about a year ago or so.  In the United States, you will not be able to find them at stores with a strong web presence: Amazon, Moosejaw, REI, etc.  You can find them locally in smaller hardware stores, particularly if they do not ship items.  I live in the Los Angeles area and just picked one up at an ACE hardware in Long Beach.  I would assume that teh same is true in EU, look at the smaller stores and call around.  I was able to procure 6 this way.  Best regards, PM  me if you need more information – Jon

P.S. additionally, I would search your local blog spots (WTB).  a number have been sold and not many are used often.

marjolein Keuning
    BPL Member

@laincha

Thanks!

Steve Cockburn
    BPL Member

@sgc590

Hi , it’s well worth the effort. I purchased the Sterno Inferno and separately, the adaptor kit from Fat Cat and the BRS 3000 equivalent to putting these together as per Fat Cats recommendations and this is my go-to now. It is brilliant. Rivals the new Jetboil Stash.

marjolein Keuning
    BPL Member

@laincha

this was exactly my intention!

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

I just complete some testing and it’s performance is on par with the MSR WindBurner.

YouTube video

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Nm

Steve Cockburn
    BPL Member

@sgc590

Love your work and innovative thinking Jon.

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools