Topic

Sterno Inferno Sale KaBoom!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Sterno Inferno Sale KaBoom!

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Coming this 4th of July

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Excusive sale for BPL members.

A Kit containing the popular Sterno Inferno with added bonus features to make your upcoming walkabouts and hikes memorable. You’ll see something evolutionary :-) More info coming in the next few days. It’s evolving!

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

This has been my go-to stove setup for all of my recent hikes.  It’s light and simply works.  My only issue (and it’s totally my issue) is that I always return from my trip with enough leftover fuel for a few more days.

While Dan provided me with a silicone snuffer pad to extinguish the stove, I now leave that at home and simply pick up the windscreen/stand (which you have to do anyway to get to the lit stove) and use the side of the windscreen as my snuffer.  One less thing to carry (I don’t know if the silicone snuffer even weighed a gram so I didn’t save any weight).

For those of you thinking of switching or trying an alcohol stove, this one is tough to beat.  I’m looking forward to seeing what the “bonus features” are…

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

This topic has been reported for inappropriate content

Ohhhh Geeeemaneee crickets. Who could have gone and marked this thread inappropriate content. Was it one of the MODERATORS?

Pray tell what is it that is inappropriate?

Sorry to have offended someone :(

I’ll not post anything further, mods can shut it down.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

there was a glitch of some sort that cause that “inappropriate reporting” but can’t remember the details.

so possibly not intentional.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

A clumsy click perhaps?

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Dan – I stopped paying attention to the “inappropriate content” warning long ago…it rarely means what it was intended to mean.

If I remember correctly, there was a spate of that when the new software was released…apparently far too easy to fat-finger “report” on a phone when attempting to tap “reply”.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I can understand the accidental thing but once it was reported to management did it fall on deaf ears? Could they have fixed it? Moved the button to the other side next to the date and time?  I think it’s China or some of the children on this site. ;)

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

The moderators should be notified when AND by whom a post is reported as inappropriate.  It was probably your insensitivity to children that had your last post reported…

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

If you are talking about a moderator response to a reported thread, I can’t speak for Roger but I was camping for a couple nights with my family and dog.  I wasn’t particularly focused on clearing out reported threads. Life happens.

If you are talking about editing the forum software, I don’t think that is an easy move with the setup we’ve got. Additionally, I tend to go through the reported threads 1–2 times per day except when I’m out hiking/camping or when my day job gets nuts so it’s just not that big of a deal in my opinion. Just my $.02…

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Perhaps the “inappropriate content” report is because you didn’t fully disclose your company affiliation — though I doubt anyone here beyond a brand-new member does not know who you are, and/or because you teased at an exclusive deal but didn’t reveal it. Neither of which warrants reporting IMO.

Or maybe as others have said just a technical glitch or inadvertent click. I suggest ignore it and tally ho.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Yes, we do monitor Chaff as well as Gear Deals.
    I suspect that it was a fat finger problem. It would be nice if anyone who has this accident were to let the moderators know, but that does not always happen.

Cheers
    Roger Caffin
    BPL Moderator

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Ok, thanks for all the comments. :-)

Onward! It’s history :-)

Ok, a little info about the “exclusive deal”.

Here is what the BPL Exclusive Deal actually is. I am only offering these kits to BPL members. To buy one, you must first do a post on this thread, saying you want one. Then, send me a PM to get a link to a private listing that has a complete description and paypal button to order. I am not able to make this offer to International Members, shipping is too costly, sorry.

All parts for the kits have arrived and I’m now able to procede to make a short video and give all the specifications/details. Tomorrow evening is my goal.

Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

I’m want one

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Thank you Gabe! :)

Here are some photos and specs:

Total weight of Pot, Etekcity burner, titanium HX skirt and lid = 236 grams/8.4 ounces

Etekcity burner was featured in the Stovebench reviews. It has 4 pot support arms for maximum stability. I modified it to be super stable, sorry can’t divulge how I did it. :-)

Pot and lid are made of aluminum.Lid will not blow off in high winds.

More compact than a Jetboil

Recent tests show 5 grams of fuel will boil 500ml/2cups in 3.5 min average, rounded off ;)

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

I want one.

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

I want one …

… but I can’t wait to see pricing, etc. :)

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Cost of kit =

Sterno Inferno Aluminum Pot with aluminum lid = 25

Modified Etekcity stove/burner w/case = 15

Titanium Skirt = 30

Ship = 5

Total = $75.00 to your door

I won’t be ready to ship until after the 4th of July Have to drive into Chicago tomorrow for a piece of equipment. Been busy busy!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Roger, here is a video of the Etekcity flame pattern under the Inferno pot. What do you think of it?

YouTube video

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Dan

The flame seems to go up and down a bit: were you adjusting the valve at all? Your hand did appear in the mirror at one stage.

Was that a 2 g boil or a 5 g boil? Or an unmeasured run?

What is the distance from the burner face to the bottom surface of the pot? Ignore the fins and any protrusions on the burner. It’s the flame length I am interested in.

Well, it does seem like a normal B/P flame to me, not too high in setting as there is little visible ‘splash’ outwards across the base of the pot. Not very spread out either, which is influenced by the flame height.

Right now, I have no idea what is happening with the 2 g runs.

Cheers

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Yes, 2 gram usage, no bs going on here. Everything lines up just right. Impinging flames directly on bottom of pot, exchange fins sucking out 30% more heat to the bottom and then we have the heat exchange fins of the windscreen sucking out even more while keeping all heat going up the side of the pot, even more efficient than the cone configurations out there. I’ll be producing this kit in April.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Hi Dan

The flame seems to go up and down a bit: were you adjusting the valve at all? Your hand did appear in the mirror at one stage.

Was that a 2 g boil or a 5 g boil? Or an unmeasured run?

What is the distance from the burner face to the bottom surface of the pot? Ignore the fins and any protrusions on the burner. It’s the flame length I am interested in.

Roger,  I was regulating the flame in the video.  Grams used varies by my scale????dunno
    Now as far as the other information I’ll have to quote what Jon(Flatcat Gear) said in reference to a question I asked of him last year in the following  thread:

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/modified-kovea-syder-for-confined-pot-supports/page/2/#post-3575835

(quote)

Dan, as you well know, system level design and validation is the cornerstone to an efficient cooking system.  It doesn’t happen by accident, but months/years of work.  That summation of effort is really what amounts to as a trade secret.  I highly recommend that you go explore these areas on your own to see what works for best you.  Best regards.

(end quote)

Cheers

John K
    BPL Member

@kaptainkriz

@zelph2 – I have all the parts except the wind screen…definitely interested in one of those!

Yes, 2 gram usage, no bs going on here. Everything lines up just right. Impinging flames directly on bottom of pot, exchange fins sucking out 30% more heat to the bottom and then we have the heat exchange fins of the windscreen sucking out even more while keeping all heat going up the side of the pot, even more efficient than the cone configurations out there. I’ll be producing this kit in April.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Hello John K, I have lots of titanium to use up. I’ll be making just the windscreens for sale by themselves also. Anyone interested should sign up here for one to be put on the list.

Cheers

Dan

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

I’m interested. What’s the windscreen itself weigh?

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools