Topic

Snap-in replacement for broken load lifter?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Snap-in replacement for broken load lifter?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I have a heavy duty backpack that has a broken load lifter.  Does anyone know if anyone makes a replacement load lifter that can snap into place on an existing webbing loop?

The broken load lifter is on a webbing loop that is sewn into the pack at the top of the frame stays.  Resewing is would have to be by hand if I have to go that route as the seam goes through at least 2 layers of 500D Cordura plus the webbing and is more than my machine can handle.

Any info much appreciated!

Cheers,

Brendan

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Can you use a Dremel tool to cut the middle bar allowing it to be slid over the strap like in this example?

Anonymous
    Inactive

A pic would help

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

Thanks matthew, that seems like the best option.  Just wondering how much load that modified bar would take.  I’ll give it a shot as soon as I can get a new load lifter ordered.

Justin, don’t have the backpack with me for the next week or I would have sent out a photo

Thanks for your help,

B

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Would this work?

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

That is exactly what I was looking to find. Do you have a link to where they sell those?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

PM me your address. I have some extras. Seek Outside sells them by the bunch.  Made by Duraflex,

http://www.duraflexgroup.com/productDetail.aspx?id=445&sort=backpack

Brendan Mulholland
    BPL Member

@dools009

Thanks K – PM sent

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Nice buckle!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools