Topic

Show of Hands: GGG XII October 16-18???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Show of Hands: GGG XII October 16-18???

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Locale: Northern California

Dear Gear Geeks,

There is interest in rescheduling GGG XII to October 16-18, 2020. Who can make it, and how do those dates work for you?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I’d be up for that. The week before is a three day weekend for some fwiw, Columbus Day/Indigenous People’s Day

Have SUV, can haul supplies

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I never make plans that far out, but certainly that’s around a time I could make it. Haven’t been to one in a couple of years, would be fun to get back to one. I’m not a gear geek though, does that disqualify me?

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I always make plans that far out.  But I’m not right now.  Sure, I’m million miler and can cancel flights at any time with no penalty, but sending money to an industry about to see some bankruptcies seems imprudent.

Any, if things are back to semi-normal, yeah, I’d definitely be up for it.  I don’t have to be within 20 feet of anyone to catch fish in July, so there could be some sockeye salmon dishes going south.

Erik G
    BPL Member

@fox212

Locale: Central Coast

I’m in assuming life is back to normal-ish  :)

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

OK. I’ll pencil it in on my calendar and follow up as we get closer. Keeping my fingers crossed for normal-ish by then.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I am most likely going to make it.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Soza… I have a GGG newb question(s).  Regarding the Manzanita Point site, does everyone park at the Coe Headquarters?

Thanks, ~RL

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

There is a unpaved parking lot just before the h.q.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Paved parking capacity near the Visitor Center is pretty limited, first cone, first serve. Everyone pays for parking at the VC, but if the paved lot is full you drive back about 1/4 mile to the dirt lot and hike from there.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thanks for the replies.  I was at HC for the first time a month ago.  Parked by the metal barn. I remember seeing a dirt lot on the right close to the entrance and I want to believe another a bit further back.  Perhaps this is the one you speak of.  No worries at the moment.  I would consider myself a probable for this

Doug Coe
    BPL Member

@sierradoug

Locale: Bay Area, CA, USA

I’m in. I sure hope things are normal enough then!

Richard Niemi
    BPL Member

@rickniemi

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains

I marked my calendar. Look forward to the trip.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools