Topic

Shelter help

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Shelter help

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

dirtbag…what shelter is that?

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Six Moon Design Haven tarp and Net tent.

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

@dirtbag, Thanks for the visual.  You’re right, with the wide pad its nearly wall to wall.  Our Duo pad would shave a little off that width so it would certainly be doable.  Still debating.  The X-Mid 2P shows to come in at 39 oz with stuff sack and 6 stakes vs 34 oz less stakes and seam sealing for the Haven bundle.  Stacks up very favorably considering the additional 6″ of inner width and generous vestibules on the X-Mid.  I’m assuming a much larger footprint for the X-Mid though.  Regardless, we would be dropping better than a full pound vs the Duo Outfitter and not have to mess with the curved ridge poles anymore.

I’m assuming @xRangerx is looking at solo use, strictly based on considering the SoLong as an option.  If so, the Haven looks to me to be a better option.

Dan, can you shed any further light on specs for the upcoming DCF 2P?  Also, of those I ran across this Spring that were using the 1P, the only thing I can recall anyone saying they would change would be increasing the size of the inner.  Look forward to seeing it.  I may just have to say bye to the Skyscape!

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

Hmmm…just looked and the specs on the fly footprint of the X-Mid 2P show to be 102″ x 88″.  Haven 114″ x 86″ (86″ lower edge vestibule to vestibule).  I stand corrected…sort of.

Paul S
    BPL Member

@pula58

Thanks Dirtbag..yes, that is exactly the pads my wife and I use. X-lite womens, for my wife, and wide/regular Xlite for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools