Topic

REI Dividend!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) REI Dividend!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Bob Shuff
    BPL Member

@slbear

Locale: SoCal

Seems like dividends are now in the accounts and I have over $300 thanks to using their US Bank Credit Card.  I don’t actually buy that much from REI like I used to, and don’t have any big purchases in mind.  Last year I asked them to cut me a check, which I think you can do in July, but that’s soooo long from now.  Anyone got some ideas on cool stuff you would still get at REI with your dividend – especially with the coupons that usually accompany the official mailings.

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

My REI list includes a lighter sleeping pad (X-lite short), briefs, BV500 and running socks. About a year ago there was a good blog post about shopping UL at REI, although some of the products (like the REI Flash 45 pack) have been updated or discontinued:

http://popupbackpacker.com/you-can-get-an-ultralight-backpacking-kit-at-rei/

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I’m trying to use my REI card for all purchases but I started late in the year so I’m under $150.

They are always good for fuel and whatnot for backpacking.

Last year we used the dividend and the coupon to buy Amy a Novara bike.  Looks like they are calling them Co-op bikes now?  Either way, I’ll likely get something for our bikes or some sort of bike rack this year with the coupon and dividend.

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Why not take the cash. Use your card, not your dividend for whatever you buy, and collect cash back on your purchase.

using your dividend will forfeit your opportunity for more cash back.

Brian Hall
    BPL Member

@brian2o0o

25% off sale items until the 20th. You can get last years R1 pullover for $67 or R1 Hoody for $83 and a Houdini for $51 depending on color and size of course.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

I don’t understand using an REI MasterCard for everyday purchases. For the 5% back on purchases at REI it makes sense, but there are many credit cards that offer higher rewards on everyday purchases so more cash back.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I’ve no doubt you’re right JR, it’s just the one I have so I’m just milking it for everything I can.

jimmy b
    BPL Member

@jimmyb

Footwear on sale is still a decent general purchase from REI. MYOG and cottage stuff is filling most my needs now.

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

I took Jimmy B’s advice and bought my 14th (or so) pair of LS Wildcats and a new pair of Wright Socks.  I did pretty good today as I only owed them $.34 after cashing in my dividend.

Brando Sancho
    BPL Member

@saudade

I didnt have much a dividend so I got this.

Going to try that plus a Uniqlo vest for sitting around camp in warmer weather.

Mike M
    BPL Member

@mtwarden

Locale: Montana

I’ve got a little over $400, when the 20% off coupons come out will probably spring for a Helinox Cot Lite for my hunting spike camp.  The last several years I’ve gotten a check sent in July.

Richie S
    BPL Member

@landrover

Does anyone know what date the sale starts?

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

They told me today that it starts the 24th.  There’s a 25% sale going on right now in store/online for clearance items.  They had some bikes on clearance but I didn’t ask them if the current sale applied to them.

Bob Shuff
    BPL Member

@slbear

Standard practice is they end the clearance sale the day before the dividend and coupon starts.  The dividend was really deposited early this time.  I assume we’ll get a folder in the mail this week.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools