Topic

Recommended Accident Report Form

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Recommended Accident Report Form

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

The Sierra Club has the best accident report form I have ever sen. As a former ski patroller I’ve seen quite a few different of these forms but the Sierra Club’s form is the most user friendly and complete.

->First it guides you through a complete assessment of VITAL SIGNS.

->Second you write the results of the initial exam down

-> Third you put the Vital Signs in the first of 7 exams (Yep you have 7 columns for 7 assessment periods.)

->Fourth you have a tear-off section to send with people going for help. It has spaces for everything from EXACT LOCATION OF PATIENT to HELICOPTER SITE to ASSISTANCE NEEDED. Twelve boxes of information so you do not forget anything.

You have to get this report form from a Sierra Club officer who has the password to access this form the Sierra Club national website. It’s well worth the trouble.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Patient Report Form,

https://www.sierraclub.org/angeles/leadership-outings/forms-resources

No hassle of having to ask anybody.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

That’s it! Thanks Ken. I shoulda scanned it. (Senior moment)

I hope people copy tis form and keep it in a ZipLoc in every pack.

There’s a similar form in “Mountaineering, Freedom of the Hills” but the Sierra Club form shown above is easier to use.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools