Topic

Real Cooking with Titanium Pots

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Real Cooking with Titanium Pots

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

So why not use a hardened anodized aluminum pot instead?

I have a 1.3L REI Ti pot that weighs 6 ounces. Last year I bought a Sea to Summit 1.2L HAA pot because I wanted to start eating better and actually learn how to cook. Joyce doesn’t allow me in the kitchen at home.

Okay it’s heavier at 6.6 ounces vs 6 ounces!

Here’s some pictures from this weekend and I did use a little bit of canola oil.

Aaron
    BPL Member

@aaron_p

Locale: California

Bringing to a boil and using a pot cozy is the way around burning things IMO.  Also saves fuel.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Then there is the choice of stove, as some else has already mentioned. If you use a Pocket Rocket, be prepared for burn marks right in the middle of the pot. It has a seriously focused flame – to what end I do not know. I never did trust that stove.

But if you use a stove with a wide head that throws the flame sideways so the heat is spread out over the whole base of the pot, then you can COOK. There are plenty of uprights and inverted canister stoves with wide heads or wide flame spreads.

As illustrated earlier, I can cook real food in a Ti pot quite easily, and so can many others.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 26 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools