Topic

Podcast 81 | Unresting Event

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Podcast 81 | Unresting Event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to: Podcast 81 | Unresting Event

In Episode 81 of the Backpacking Light Podcast, Ryan and Ben Kilbourne discuss creativity in the backcountry and Ben’s Unresting Event album.

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

This was one of the most enjoyable conversations I’ve had about creating art inspired by experiences in the backcountry. Thanks to Ben for being so giving with your time and talents, and thanks to our community for being supportive of our experiments to dive into other aspects of backcountry-life integration.

I’d love to hear what other people are doing as well with backcountry inspiration:

How do your experiences in the backcountry inspire you to be creative?

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

It took me awhile to figure out what was meant by unresting event. The word unrest is seen elsewhere these days and the definition usually means political unrest (protesting, etc). I had to keep looking to see it is the name of his music album.

Ben Kilbourne
    BPL Member

@benkilbourne

Locale: Utah

John, I think Unresting Event to me is sort of an oxymoron. An attempt to break down the idea that an event is just an event. Considering that things that happen just sort of go on—the reverberations endless maybe. I think it speaks to all the things that happen in the wilderness while we’re not there, while we’re not witness to them

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools