Topic

Podcast 021 | Backcountry Coffee

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Podcast 021 | Backcountry Coffee

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to: Podcast 021 | Backcountry Coffee

Coffee. What makes a good cup, what makes a bad cup, and what are the best ways to java yourself in the backcountry? All these questions and more are the subject of this episode of the Backpacking Light Podcast.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Thanks, Guys! A good overview of coffee making.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

for high altitudes backpacking I’m not wanting the vasoconstriction, especially in my alveoli capillaries, that caffeine brings. That said I do enjoy a cup of Starbucks VIA Decaf at dinner time.

Via is easy to carry and “good enough” ’til I get home to my coffee grinder and drip coffee maker.

But food ia another matter. Like the French I “live to eat” and not the other way around. Thus I’ll make Pad Thai from supermarket noodles and retort pouch shrimp plus some chopped scallion greens and extra crushed peanuts that I brin in a snack bag. The taste and aroma is SO much better than freeze-dried Pad Thai.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!