Topic

Episode 18 | Clothing Systems for Inclement Weather

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Episode 18 | Clothing Systems for Inclement Weather

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to: Episode 18 | Clothing Systems for Inclement Weather

In this podcast, we discuss this: how does clothing system for 3/4 season, inclement conditions, differ from my summer backpacking clothing?

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Ryan….You mentioned that your Yukon Down Pullover; K Series jacket had overfill.

Questions:

How much over fill did you have placed in the jacket.

Was it distributed throughout the jacket or ??

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

1 oz, distributed evenly. Not sure that it’s necessary, the Yukon K is a well-filled product…

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

“Activewear” products seem like the latest backpacking miracle – light, warm, very breathable – and expensive. Are they really that much better than fleece?

— Rex

Paul S.
    BPL Member

@pschontz

Locale: PNW

No, they are just marginally better and often are worse.  It’s easy to get the wrong face fabric that kills the breathability.  But for the ones that do get it right, they are generally warmer for the weight and move moisture better. None are as durable as fleece.

David Franzen
    Spectator

@dfranzen

Locale: Germany

As i am located in Europe, I can not access some of the affiliated links (backcountry.com, GDPR).

Can someone please let me know what trekking pants Ryan refers to as “4-way stretch-woven softshell pant” in 3+/4 season. Tkanks!

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

David, I’m not in the US  but your link takes me to the Backcountry page for Arcteryx Sigma FL Pants.

David Franzen
    Spectator

@dfranzen

Locale: Germany

Thank you, William!

Stewart Lecky
    Spectator

@stewart66

Locale: N Ireland

Can’t open that link either but perhaps look at Mountain Equipment IBEX trousers @ £70/80 gbp https://pricespy.co.uk/clothing/outdoor-trousers/mountain-equipment-ibex-pants-mens–p3548469

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools