Topic

Podcast 005 | Navigation

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Podcast 005 | Navigation

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

Companion forum thread to: Podcast 005 | Navigation

This podcast is about route planning and navigation skills and discusses a case study in complex navigation.

Jason G
    BPL Member

@jasong

Locale: iceberg lake

great episode. sounds like a fun trip. I did a similar one through kinds canyon in aug.  Its fun doing the route planning and navigating on the trip. Breaks up the monotony of straight trail walking

[edited – MK]

Renais A
    BPL Member

@renais

I’ve looked around a couple times and have had little luck finding trip reports detailing the treks.  Are they available someplace I’ve missed?  The podcast description of this trip is interesting, and I’d be quite curious to read more reports from the participants in other treks.

Renais

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

For some reason BPL details those trips on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram but never get posted here.

casey hardin
    BPL Member

@wetfeet

Another good pCast Yall ! Thx.

old paper towel cylinders help those water bladders stay open and dry out after most of the water is wiped out; but really, you gotta leave em hanging around the house to be truly SUL. cheers.

David Sugeno
    BPL Member

@davesugeno

Locale: Central Texas

Another great episode.  But it seems odd to me to have a podcast about navigation and not address hand-held gps devices.  You note that you don’t need one, since you carry a smart phone.  Some of us, believe it or not, do not carry smart phones.  That is a minor quibble, intended constructively.  I am really enjoying the podcast.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools