Topic

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

4.5 ounces/cookie

https://ludwicksbakery.com

<u>INGREDIENTS</u>

• Wheat Flour
    • Margarine [Soybean Oil, Water, Salt, Whey (Milk]
    • Sodium Benzoate
    • Citric Acid
    • Vitamin A
    • Sugar
    • Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips [Sugar, Partially Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Oil, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa, Soy Lecithin, Salt Natural Vanilla]
    • Peanut Butter (Peanuts Sugar Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil [Cottonseed Rapeseed Soya Oil], salt Molasses)
    • Brown Sugar
    • Corn Sugar
    • Whole Eggs
    • Molasses Baking
    • Soda Baking
    • Powder Vanilla

If you would like to buy a case of 36 our cost is $28.00. Other flavors are choc chip, white choc caramel, oatmeal raisin and peanut butter. The cases do not come assorted though , if you would find interest I can handle directly and personally deliver with a ez swipe on my mobile.

Travis Piccard

<u>Sales & Distribution</u>

c-616-890-7486

Phone: (616) 453 6880

3217 3 Mile Rd NW

Grand Rapids Kent MI 49534-1223

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

3 Chips Ahoy are 33 grams, 102 grams lighter than this single cookie

They are 160 cal, 70 from fat.

I’m not sure I’m interested in a cookie that weighs over a quarter pound each.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

Ken….Totally agree weight wise, in fact this cookie would fall into my category as a “Unhealthy Trail Fuel” (600cal, 31g of Total Fat, 20mg Cholesterol and 35g Sugar)  that at times we hikers do crave as a  meal. I posted this for those like myself, that take young adolescent children into the backcountry that seem to be  constant “eating machines” with an empty stomach AND the Thru Hiker nearing the end of their hike that are “calorie starved”  would love fuel of this dimension and type. I believe the there are better choices nutritional wise, but you need to remember that hiking burns large amounts of calories and something like this, and others below fall into this special category and have their place e.g. GREENBELLY MEAL BAR – 640cal/bar, BEAR VALLEY MEALPACK PEMMICAN BAR 420cal/bar and BIG SUR  BAR  (630cal/bar) to name three. Besides for a $1.35 per cookie they cost less than the bars mentioned.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools