Topic

Patagonia Hybrid Sleeping Bag Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Patagonia Hybrid Sleeping Bag Review

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Max Neale
    BPL Member

@maximumdragonfly

Locale: Anchorage, AK

Companion forum thread to: Patagonia Hybrid Sleeping Bag Review

When climbing alpine routes and sleeping on small ledges where you can’t pitch tents, the Patagonia Hybrid may be the sleep system for you.

Peter K
    BPL Member

@peterindc

Seems like this would also be good in a winter pack as an emergency bivy or hypothermia wrap, since it’s so light and allows the boots and parka to stay on. Patagonia has them on sale at the moment for $160-190 depending on size

Tim Hawthorne
    Spectator

@tim_hawthorne

Locale: Southwest

I find this bag very useful for temperatures from about 20 F to 45 F.  I use it with different combinations of jackets, caps and hoods to match weather conditions.  I am a side sleeper and have used an elephants foot for mountaineering for almost 50 years.  I like having a jacket hood that you can breathe out of when on my side.  It works great when there is limited space but this 17oz. is my normal go to bag.  My old elephants foot weighed 28 oz.

I use a 12 oz. quilt for 45F to 60F and a sleeping bag liner for 60F to about 72F.  Below 20F I use a traditional sleeping bag providing there will be a place to lie down flat.  I have added down pants and my heaviest parka for a Bivy in the Hybrid bag below 20F but 10F is my cold limit for this guy.  It helps me keep my weight below the other guys without giving up comfort.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools