Topic

Pasta con Salsa Caruso

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Pasta con Salsa Caruso

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

I found this unusual recipe on some foodie website and adapted it for trail use.  It was surprisingly good, and not terribly difficult to cook up.  Might also be something one could make and then dehydrate at home.

Pasta con Salsa Caruso

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Do you have the total weight of this meal?  It looks good, it would be nice if it can be made in a single pot (1.3 l).  My 2 cents

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

The recipe linked makes 2 servings.  All of the ingredients weighed 17 oz. it total.  It’d be tough to make with one pot, but you COULD make the pasta first and dump it in one of the ziplocs when cooked for keeping until you make the sauce.

Camp kitchen and food is my luxury weight.  I typically carry a 0.6 and 0.9L pot, and sometimes sub one out for a pot set that includes a frying pan lid (if I’m making potato cakes, salmon cakes etc.).  However, I often hike with a partner, and when I do he carries the gas canisters and MY luxury weight isn’t all that much.  Thanks to BPL, my usual Base Weight even with fancy cooking is 10-11 pounds.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools