Topic

Older MSR 33 oz fuel bottle: Where to get?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Older MSR 33 oz fuel bottle: Where to get?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

I have a pouch that fits two of these bottles like a glove. Problem is, I only have one bottle…and I need two. As far as I can tell, MSR quit making this exact bottle. Still……I figured there would be plenty of these older dinged up bottles collecting dust in garages and in gear bins. Alas….I haven’t been able to find one. Nothing on Gear Swap or Ebay.

Can anyone help me out?

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Am I wrong?  I thought that these are standard fuel bottles.

https://www.moosejaw.com/product/msr-fuel-bottle_10238354?ad_id=GooglePlusBox&utm_source=GooglePlusBox&utm_medium=PLA&utm_campaign=MSR&cm_mmc=PLA-_-Google-_-MJ-Shopping-NonPromo-Brand-Product|MJ-Shopping-NonPromo-Brand-Product-_-google|10853406174|105764669014|457336792556|aud-302302480689:pla-998617379167|c|9031028|502090&gclid=Cj0KCQjw-NaJBhDsARIsAAja6dMHKQkoj_MbEtbW0RlF-14eyyDVEa7itrqL1-_XLQwezXUg8elhFZAaAlsQEALw_wcB

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

HERE is a working link for Jon’s post but Rusty is looking for a 33oz bottle and the linked bottles come in 11oz, 20 oz and 30 oz  no 33oz choice. They did make a 33oz

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Yes, that is correct, Link. Not sure when the size was changed…..but I figured I’d be able to find more of these old things than I knew what to do with. I’m sure there’s plenty collecting dust out there but I just haven’t found one….or it hasn’t found me.

Anyone?

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Stupid me (for not reading the title)

Lucky you (I have one)

$10 and shipping?  PM me

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Thanks, Jon!!! I sent you a PM.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

If that falls through, I’m pretty sure I’ve got a few 33-ounce ones at home.  I’m sure I’ve got multiple MSR fuel bottles I haven’t used for 15 years.   I’m in Alaska, but will be passing through the SF Bay Area in 2 weeks.

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Did you try the Optimus 1 liter (33 oz) bottle?

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Haven’t tried the Optimus. Don’t know their dimensions. With a small budget, I can’t justify buying two new matching sizes. Already had the MSR 33oz so was hoping to find on old matching (same dimensions) dinged up beater.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools