Topic

Off-Season on the Oregon Coast Trail

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Off-Season on the Oregon Coast Trail

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Maggie Slepian
    BPL Member

@maggieslepian-2

Companion forum thread to: Off-Season on the Oregon Coast Trail

Tides, blowdowns, and sunsets abound as Maggie Slepian and two friends tackle the quirky and challenging Oregon Coast Trail.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

Nice write up and very descriptive.  Just due to the sunset over the Pacific view I’ve been debating on hiking this southbound (think the wind comes from the north mostly according to bike tourers) … despite the popularity of the region and roadwalk.

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Great writing, and kudos to you and your friends for staying cheerful and retaining a sense of humor when the conditions were less than ideal.  You did better than I would have.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

very cool. I think I watched you ladies conquer this on Julias video? Sounds very familiar.. lol. You are all a bunch of troopers!!! Thanks for the write up.. always looking forward to trip reports!!!

robert courson
    BPL Member

@bertcourson

Locale: lake michigan

I read this from my chair, with sleeping bag, in front of wood stove, sipping hot coffee. The contrast somehow made your story a very nice read. Or was it simply your good writing and sense of humor? 🤔

lisa r
    BPL Member

@lisina10

Locale: Western OR

Nice write up. I’m curious about that spot in the picture, the steep grassy slope going down to the ocean. Is that the Thumb north of Lincoln City?

Paul G
    BPL Member

@portlandpaul

Fun story, thanks! If anybody’s reading this and wants to check out the OCT, this is the book you need. Would have helped you ladies a lot, I think!

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Another great OCT resource, from Amy & James:

http://doingmiles.com/2008-07-oregon-coast/

— Rex

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools