Topic

Nozipp sleeping bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Nozipp sleeping bag

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

I think I like this design.
    What do you think ?

Please avoid commenting on the evils or not of kickstarter , I’m just interesting on the product.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

BTW, I did not load that first video clip.

How did that happen ?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Pretty short opening, less than half. Props for innovative thinking. Not a fan of the little foot box.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Intriguing.  A double-breasted sleeping bag.  A single closure wouldn’t be very air tight, but with that large overlap, it seems like it would block air flow nicely, while all thickness is contributing to a greater R-value. And you save the weight, cost, and possible malfunction of a zipper.  On a  warmer night, you get less R-value and more air flow through the lesser overlap plus a roomier bag.

I agree that foot box looks really small unless there’s a vertical dimension we can’t see.

How about similar attach points for one’s puffy layer on top of one’s quit? Then all the loft is above you, still expanded, instead of half of it beneath you getting squashed.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

It’s a neat idea, though not neat enough (or light enough) to sway me from quilts. It is surprising that this hasn’t been done before (though wasn’t the guy (forget his name) who used to work for Sierra Designs working on something similar? Seems he posted about this recently, but ran afoul of BPL’s (inconsistent) policies so the thread got deleted.)

Love the background music. A song about a brothel or women’s prison, depending on which story you believe, used to sell sleeping bags. And after the first bit, pretty much all of the models are women. I think that’s pretty funny.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

And if Erica Jong had a liaison inside of one, it would be a . . .

I can’t believe I beat Doug to that.

Graham F
    BPL Member

@02174424

Locale: Victoria-Southeast Australia

Hey Franco this is the duffel coat of sleeping bags!

Takes me back to the 70’s.

Toggles no less.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Now that I had a better look, the footbox could be a problem ( I can get cold feet by having too much tension there inside one of my bags…) but I liked the top part.

( not that I need another sleeping bag…)

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

Eddie Bauer came out with similar design a few years ago for fast and light climbers. Meet the Flying Squirrel.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I like it!  Always interested in seeing someone try something (a little?) different.  But wonder how long it would take for futzing with those toggles in the middle of the night to get really old.

Sticking with my quilts.

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

I don’t like zippers in sleeping bags at all. My favourite bag has no zipper and I simply wriggle in. My new deep cold bag with a zipper is a PITA and real hassle plus the zipper is on the side the totally wrong place for a side sleeper. So why not simply use a wriggle in bag?

The problem I see with the Nozipp bag is the lack of a third set of toggles in the middle position and the small fabric gusset in the potential weak spot for air leakage

Ditto the comments on the apparently small footbox, with size 13 feet most are too small for real warmth and this appears smaller than most.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools