Topic

NM Requirement for Part B of Health Form

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Scouting Philmont NM Requirement for Part B of Health Form

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Chris W
    Spectator

@muffindad

Sorry to ask this here, but I’ve asked Philmont and they’ve not responded to multiple requests going back a few months now.

Does New Mexico require a physician signature on Part B of the med form to allow youth to take OTC or prescription medication?

It reads “MD/DO, NP, or PA signature (if your state requires signature)”.

Thanks!

David Y
    BPL Member

@moonshine

Locale: Mid Tenn

I think the form answered your question. “… (if your state (not New Mexico) requires signature)”.

Philmont requires and relies on you having a completed and appropriately signed BSA Health and Medical form.

On your first day at Philmont during check-in you will have a medical re-check; height, weight, blood pressure, Health and Medical form review and you must show all prescription and OTC medications you will be carrying / taking while at Philmont. All prescription medication must be in their prescription bottle and listed on your Health and Medical form with appropriate signatures.

I hope this helps.

“Philmont should be enjoyed, not endured.” Moonshine

Chris W
    Spectator

@muffindad

When we went to Camp A in Colorado this was MANDATED (this specific part of Part B) because Colorado (not MY STATE) required it.

So my question remains, does Philmont require it for New Mexico?

David Y
    BPL Member

@moonshine

Locale: Mid Tenn

If in doubt, get the signature.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

For Philmont, don’t they need the ABC form?  It’s part C that requires the doctor’s signature.  That’s what our scouts do for summer camp, Sea Base last year and for Philmont this year.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools