Topic

New Platypus QuickDraw solo filter

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Platypus QuickDraw solo filter

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Jenny A
    BPL Member

@jennifera

Locale: Front Range

The  QuickDraw fits small openings like what is found on the soft Platypus bottles and on many disposable water bottles from grocery stores, like the Smartwater bottles.   The BeFrees are larger and sized specifically for Hydrapak products.  You would have to do some engineering to adapt the Quickdraw to Hydrapak containers.  Perhaps someone has done that?

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

No. Befree uses a 43mm threaded end. Quick draw is the more common 28mm threaded end which fits many but not all water/soda bottles.

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Phillip Werner has a new, comprehensive review of the Platy Quickdraw just posted https://sectionhiker.com/platypus-quickdraw-microfilter-system-review/

Lee W
    BPL Member

@ltw

Locale: Mojave Desert

I just spent 8 days in the Sierra with the Platy Quickdraw. Conclusion – I like it, but I’m taking my BeFree on my next trip.

It works very well and has a very solid build. Flow rate slows down quickly but the shake cleaning brings it back and backflushing with my drinking bottle makes it good as new.

Dislikes are I’m never sure what to do with the caps and the size/shape make it so I can’t store it somewhere that I can get to it quickly.

So for so trips where I’m just dipping and drinking on the go, I’m going with the BeFree. If I’m out with friends and a water break is going to take a bit longer, I’ll probably go with the Quickdraw. If I had larger hipbelt pockets, I’d likely use it more.

Herman
    BPL Member

@hre814

Locale: Alaska

Thanks for the info. My interest in hydrapak was the bag quality. The sawyer and similar bags end up springing holes after a while

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Yes they do Herman. CNOC makes durable water bags for BeFree and Sawyer filters. The Vecto bag is very popular with long distance backpackers. The material is similar to the Hydrapak bags.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

No love anymore for Evernew? Their threads match Sawyer/SmartWater.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

I like the Evernew  bags. I wish they had a 2L version that opened at the end like the Vecto. Without that it makes it a pain to fill with water.

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

I like the Evernew bags. I wish they had a 2L version that opened at the end like the Vecto. Without that it makes it a pain to fill with water.

@Brad
    W. Perhaps you can find an Evernew EBY 209 in stock somewhere.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Garage Grown Gear is having a 24-hour flash sale including the 2L and 3L CNOC Vecto bags.

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

If your desire is to upgrade your present filter to the Platypus QuickDraw this review might be of interest to you…..

https://thetrek.co/platypus-quickdraw-water-filter-review/?ref=slider

Felipe Vitoria
    BPL Member

@felipevitoria

Locale: south of Brazil

I recently lost the 2 covers of the Platypus QuickDraw Microfilter System, both the bag and the filter.

Can someone help me which cap I can replace, the brand is taking a long time to respond to me, it’s been 2 months without a response, I could buy it but they don’t respond…

Haiku
    BPL Member

@theworldwidewebster

I’m wondering are those even necessary?  Seems like a good place to lose some weight on it, I was considering to buy one and take those off.  How much does yours weigh right now without the caps?

Viewing 13 posts - 26 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools