Topic

New Grips\Straps for old hiking poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Grips\Straps for old hiking poles

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Lawrence Baker
    Spectator

@cheaptequila

Locale: Bay Area, California

I have a pair of very lightweight Italian made aluminum poles which I really like, but the grips & straps were loose\broken. In retrospect, I should have tried to repair them, but I removed them and they are gone. I thought Gossamer Gear sold replacements, but they only have the grips, not the grips and straps, unless I buy the replacement “top sections” of their poles, and remove them from the poles, etc. which are $35 a piece. Does anyone sell just the grips\straps?

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

Go to your local ski hire shop and see if they have a “Bone Pile” of old/broken stocks, take a matching set of handles from them, usually free here in Oz as they only have scrap value.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

If you are up for a little DIY, there are some interesting ideas on attaching straps in this thread.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools