Topic

New Articles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

BPL is what it is, and has always been. Forum software has always been a complaint. Yes, it is a little more clunky with the new platform, but then most of us are willing to wait 4 to 8 minutes for water to boil, so what is a few seconds for a page to load?

What new articles do we need? There is an extensive library of articles here already. What new things do we need to know? As I keep repeating, backpacking is just walking, and little has changed in the 50 years I have been doing other, other than advances in materials.

I do miss Will R’s articles. I like most of what Roger writes especially his articles on fuels, stoves, and tunnel tents. But I have never been motivated to purchase a new stove or tent based on anything Roger writes.

As for the Kickstarter campaign, I warned everyone about Kickstarter long before the Packrafting thing came along.

BPL is what is, so just get over it. You cannot force Ryan to create what you want. If Ryan cannot deliver what his customers want, then BPL will ultimately fail. It is not our decision if it continues to be viable or not, other than we can choose not to participate, the decision is up to Ryan to deliver content that attracts users and retains them.

It is crazy to fret over an Internet forum. For those who pay to play, and I am one who does, you should have known what you really purchased before you pressed the money button, because BPL has really been the same in most respects for all the years I have participated.

monkey
    Spectator

@monkeysee

Locale: Up a tree

Class action for that DVD thing? If people paid through paypal etc plus all communications there’s got to be plenty of evidence. And much more “worth” pursuing, as it would no longer be a matter of small loss by one individual.

Gabe P
    BPL Member

@gabe

Right. But not everyone is fretting and many of us have been members for several years. My point, and I see no need to get over it, is that I liked the articles and want to see more of them. Because of this, I think it would be great if Ryan or someone else at BPL would send members a brief email about when they hope to get the problem fixed. Regarding the Kickstarter campaign, that I don;t know much about. I didn’t contribute. Had I contributed, I think I’d be extremely unhappy.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools