Topic

NEOAIR XLITE MAX SV – Searching for a Wide and Light Sleeping Pad/Mat…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) NEOAIR XLITE MAX SV – Searching for a Wide and Light Sleeping Pad/Mat…

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Sr Al
    BPL Member

@douchepacker

Locale: PNW

I was specifically looking for a summer pad.  The REI guy blew this thing up with three breaths with his beastly lungs.  It takes me more like five or six, but thats pretty awesome compared to my hand pump for my Exped.  I have to pump it around 160 times to fill it up.  I was sold on it and used my 20% and dividend.  Seems to hold air.  Will test this weekend and see how it does.

David K.
    BPL Member

@dkny2la

Locale: Los Angeles

Well in my case, I know the leak was not a result of poor “technique” in closing the Speed Valve.  I did it the exact same way several times and with the 1st pad it leaked every time and with the 2nd pad it has yet to leak.  So, like I said in a previous post, the true test will be when I get it out on the trail.  But I have high hopes cause I really like this pad!  :)

Bob Moulder
    BPL Member

@bobmny10562

Locale: Westchester County, NY

I hope somebody figures out why some leak and some don’t.

The notion that it isn’t anecdotal is gaining momentum.

Looking forward to positive reports from you guys and wishing you comfortable nights, and also hoping this signals a return of the rectangle shapes for Thermarest.

Michael Schlesselmann
    BPL Member

@mschless

Locale: Southern Los Padres National Forest

A little more than a month later, any issues with leaking? How are the SV pads performing?

David K.
    BPL Member

@dkny2la

I’ve got 4 nights on mine and so far no leaks. :)

Michael
    BPL Member

@tjayblues

I used a NeoAir XLite SV this weekend for 2 nights, did not seem to have any issues with air loss. I do really like the rectangular shape over the NeoAir XLite mummy cut.

Despite no issues/loving the shape … I did return it to REI … I have finally come the realization that, despite being a side sleeper, I am more comfortable on a ProLite/Prolite Plus than any inflatable pad I have tried. I’ve been through the NeoAir Xlite and Exped Hyperlite. I know the Prolites are (at Regular Size) a 4-5 ounce weight gain over the NeoAir XLite (Size R) but the weight is essentially equal between the XLIte SV and my Prolite.

Thomas Willard
    BPL Member

@tomw

Locale: Philadelphia

I went to the SV because of the rectangular shape and not having to buy a long/wide.  The weight penalty of the SV over the regular Xlite is worth it.  I love this pad and have had no issues with it over the last 2 months and 10 nights on it.

Sr Al
    BPL Member

@douchepacker

Ive had nights where it seems to lose air, and others where it doesn’t.  I’ve found that after a certain point, its hard to blow more air in, even when it needs a little more to completely fill it.  That valve thing keeps pushing out.  Anyone else have that issue?

David K.
    BPL Member

@dkny2la

You inflate via the speed valve until it starts to push back out, then seal the speed valve (ensuring it is pushed all the way in before rolling to seal).  If you still need more air, just top off using the small standard valve.  Works great for me.

Sr Al
    BPL Member

@douchepacker

Thanks Dave!  one of those “duh” moments for me when I read that lol

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools