Topic

Nemo Equipment Astro Insulated Lite 25L Sleeping Pad Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Nemo Equipment Astro Insulated Lite 25L Sleeping Pad Review

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Companion forum thread to: Nemo Equipment Astro Insulated Lite 25L Sleeping Pad Review

The Nemo Equipment Astro Insulated Lite 25L sleeping pad is a plush sleeping pad that adds a touch of luxury to backcountry sleeping. Although discontinued by Nemo, this unique pad may be worth scouring remnant inventory and used gear sales – as of the publication of this review, it may offer the best luxury-comfort-to-weight ratio of any sleeping pad ever manufactured.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Please note that this pad is not discontinued. This error will be corrected soon. Our apologies for any confusion.

Doug Johnson

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

I’ve had the Nemo Astro Insulated Lite 20×72 for a while. It’s the most comfortable pad I’ve ever slept on, it’s warm enough, and it’s light enough.

But my arms hang off the sides too easily.

Now you’ve tempted me. Can I really afford another 4 ounces and $149?

Or should I go all the way with a Nemo Tensor insulated pad in long-wide?

Thanks for the review. I think :-)

— Rex

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Seems like these insulated air mattresses are taking over for cooler weather and winter. My old go-to mattress for winter was a TR Trail Pro. heavy and only moderately warm at R 4.0.

My new “luxury” sleeping mattress is an REI Insulated mummy shape, size Regular.

Weight: 15 oz.

Warmth Rating: R 3.7

With the Sea to Summit 20L. inflation bag (doubles as clothes bag) I now have a mattress that is 1 oz. lighter than my TR Prolite Regular and a lot warmer – good for shoulder seasons down to the upper teens at least.

For winter I’ll add a 3/16 layer of closed cell floor underlayment foam. Amazing stuff and it works at 0 F. with the Trail Pro and an LL Bean -20 F. down bag.

BTW, just noticed the photo again that you are “hot tenting”. That’s brave with a nylon tent. I assume you have an excellent spark arrestor on your vent pipe.

Doug Johnson
    BPL Member

@djohnson

Hi Eric,

Yes- we love hot-tenting. This is a Seek Outside 6 person tipi and a Lite Outdoors stove. No spark arrestor yet, but no problems at all after many nights. Excellent camping this way!

Best, Doug

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools