Topic

MYOG X-Pac Backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear MYOG X-Pac Backpack

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Laurent Blanchet
    Spectator

@laurenttb

Thought I’d share the backpack I just did with 1yd of X-Pac VX21 (1/2yd black, 1/2yd gray), Closed-cell foam pad for the straps (from a blue camping pad), 3D Space Mesh, and Utility Mesh found at a local Fabricland store in Canada. It comes in at 373g (approx 13oz). The internal volume is 30L (main compartment is 6”x10”x30”) and the external pockets add around 8L. As there is not a thousand ways to design an UL backpack, I designed mine based on the MLD Burn and also from the different cottage companies out there and also by reading a lot of stuff on this forum. Currently working on a 40L+8L version and some removable strap/hip belt pockets. Walking around with something you made is just soooo satisfying!!

https://imgur.com/a/8dsEwnX

Thanks everyone on this forum for being a great source of inspiration and motivation to create your own gear!

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Looks nice and clean Laurent. What is the side panel color you used? and how did you attach the hip belt – is it removable?

Laurent Blanchet
    Spectator

@laurenttb

Thank you Lester. The color is called Slate Gray. The hipbelt is not removable. If I dont use it I just leave it clipped behind my pack – personal preference. It is sandwiched between the fabric and the triangle piece that attaches the shoulder strap. On the inside, it is sewn using an X-Box.

I’ll post pictures tomorrow if you would like to see my method.

Taylor_At_DP
    BPL Member

@seacraft32-2

Locale: New England

Nice one!

Cheers,

Taylor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools