Topic

MLD Pro Silnylon 2015-2016

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) MLD Pro Silnylon 2015-2016

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • Author
    Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

How about testing the current material? I’m sure MLD would love to have you test the material they are using to make their current tents.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Matthew,

If you or any other forum member mails me a minimum 1′ square sample of the MLD 2016 Pro Silnylon, I will do an aged HH curve test for it and publish the results to this forum thread. The person with sample access can get my mailing address by using the forum email. I won’t mention the sample donor in the report unless they say it is OK to do so.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Richard, PM sent.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Interesting thread. I’m looking forward to the 2016 results.

I can’t say I’ve ever noticed “misting” with silnylon but all my silnylon use has been with double wall shelters where it might be harder to detect.

Simon Kenton
    BPL Member

@simonbutler

https://m.facebook.com/groups/131793047725?view=permalink&id=10154166742017726

Ron just posted a testing video to the MLD Facebook group (Note: you may need to be a member of the group to view the link/video)

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Matthew,

I never recieved your PM. I will try a PM to you.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

I used to get a notice sent to my regular email address when a forum post was sent to me. After Matthews forum post notice, that he sent a PM to me, I investigated the problem.

In order to find his message, by trial and error, I had to proactively click “My BPL”, “Forum Profile”, “Messages”, and then find his message. Is this how everyone else on the forum has to find out that someone sent them a message or is a notification sent to you proactively?

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

I’ve always had an email notification (which also includes the text of the message).

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Richard, I still receive the occasional PM from BPL. You might need to change your email address and/or allow it through your firewall/spam filters.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I stopped receiving PM notices via email recently as well.

I hope you are all sitting down… I think this website is broken!

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Matthew,

Please follow the manual procedure, I mentioned above,  to look for a BPL forum email I sent you and let me know if you can view it.

Richard Nisley
    BPL Member

@richard295

Monkey,

You said in part, “Shouldn’t the title of this thread be changed now that this point has been clarified? ”

If you tell me how to change the title of this thread, I will do it.

David L
    BPL Member

@family-guy-2-2

Ron’s test on Facebook indicates a PSI of at least 12, 3 x what the 2015 fabric was.  What does that convert to in mm?  When the water finally came through, it came through as a tiny drop at one specific point.  Should we have had it break through all over the fabric with corresponding ‘misting?’

Adam Kilpatrick
    BPL Member

@oysters

Locale: South Australia

I didn’t point it out on Ron’s Facebook post, but does he test aged HH? TBH, raw HH is pretty darn meaningless to anyone if it ages enough after a few uses or so to be below ~1500mm.

Viewing 14 posts - 51 through 64 (of 64 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools