Topic

MLD 2.7mm Reflecto Pro GuyLine

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals MLD 2.7mm Reflecto Pro GuyLine

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Locale: USA

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=241

HERE IS THE BPL DEAL:

Order the 50′ and mention BLP Deal  100  in the order comments and we will send the 100′ lengtht for the 50′ length price for one week. 2/20 – 2/27.

MLD 2.7mm Reflecto Pro GuyLine
    Made in the USA

50′ 2.9oz / 82gm $12
    100′ 4.8oz / 164gm $20

Diameter: 2.7mm 7/64″
    Strength: 375lbs
    High Tenacity UV Resistant Sheath
    HT Polyester Dual Strand Twisted Triple Core

****Single Strand Properly Spaced Reflective Tracer:
    Bright enough to see without making your shelter looks like the Out-of-Control Christmas House****

(Non-Reflective Version Also Available: See MLD 2.7mm Pro GuyLine)

FEATURES:
    • MLD 2.7mm Guyline is designed to perfectly fit ITW Nexus LineLock 3 tension adjustors.
    • Small enough to save weight. Large enough to handle well in all conditions and hold all types knots.
    • Woks perfectly as an all around guyline even if you shelter does not have LineLocks.
    • Holds prusik / truckers hitch / line adjuster type knots well without jamming.
    • Can be used well with gloves in winter.

In 2006 MLD was the first US and the first Lightweight tent/tarp builder to use the new ITW LineLocks 3 tension adjustors on all shelters.
    We know LL3’s! ]
    • This is the smallest, lightest and strongest line that will not slip or damage LineLock3s.
    • 2mm is to small and slips in many conditions like buffeting wind or when wet or worn.
    • 3mm works Ok’ish in LL3’s but is heavy and sometimes hard to adjust and can stress the LL3 tension bar.
    • Many lines are also too stiff or have a rough sleeve that abrades the LL3 tension bar leading to premature failure.

This MLD Line is the standard for all lines in LL 3’s and we have used this same line for a long long time: We know 100% this line work wells in all conditions and does not slip.

Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

Limit One Per Customer on the  BPL Deal.

Gumbo
    BPL Member

@redgum

Locale: Aussie in exile in the PNW

That 100′ imperial weight doesn’t look right…

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Obviously 5.8

Ron Bell / MLD
    BPL Member

@mountainlaureldesigns

5.8-  Thanks – fixed.

We appreciate all the BPL orders rolling in!

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Got my hank of Reflecto yesterday. Thanks for the double-size BPL deal, Ron.

Its very nice line. Typically I use Lawson’s 2mm reflective Glowire so I will compare it to that.

MLD Reflecto strikes a nice balance between stiffness (no tangle) and flexibility. It’s noticeably more flexible than Glowire but not as flexible as PMI Paracord from REI. The exterior casing of Reflecto is much less abrasive than Glowire, making it feel nicer in the hand and I suspect this would mean less wear on Linelocs.

Reflecto is not difficult to fuse but it doesn’t feel like it conglomerates into a single mass like Glowire and it certainly takes a delicate touch to keep it from lighting on fire. Reflecto is slightly harder to cut with my (titanium foil dulled) cheap scissors than Glowire.

Reflecto is wonderful for tying knots. The texture of the casing and flexibility is much nicer to tie a bowline/truckers hitch/half hitch/marlinspike hitch than Glowire. I think the flexibility helps the knot set better.

Obviously the line is heavier/bulkier than Glowire or other options. This will likely prevent me from using Reflecto on my flat tarp which requires a relatively large number of lines. I think Reflecto would be great on a smaller tarp that uses short lengths of line like on a mid or a Grace tarp.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools