Topic

LL Bean winter down bag sale TODAY ONLY

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking LL Bean winter down bag sale TODAY ONLY

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Today I ordered an LL Bean “Down Tek Long Mummy -20” for $279.20 PLUS a $10 gift certificate on orders over $50. so it;s really $269.20.

And all other bags are on a 20% off today only. (11/15/’16)

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Thanks Ken,

I just hope people reading that realize it’s 20% off $349.00 plus the $10. gift card.

To me it’s amazing price.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Just discovered today when inquiring about a delivery date that my -20 F. LL Bean bag is backordered until Jan 4. Aaaarrrgghhh! It would have been nice if the order taker had told me that.

But for $279. I’ll wait patiently. It’s a fantastic buy.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

UPDATE:

Got my LL Bean -20 F. bag last week and it is a great bag with attention to detail that makes me a “happy camper” – literally.

Eddie Bauer should look at Bean’s collar and learn something. The EB collar is horrible. It’s non-closable on the zipper side and placed at nipple level!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

BUMP –

After using my LL Bean -20 F. bag last winter (9,000+ ft. at -10 F.) I’m very happy with it.

What struck me the most was the excellent design of the separate collar and hood elasticized draw strings and captive toggle keepers. And the Velcro closures for both the zipper side of the collar and the hood have extra fold-over Velcro flaps in case you don’t want to use them on a warm night. These flaps keep the scratchy “male” Velcro pads from irritating you. And the hood Velcro flap even has its top edge covered by a thin “fleece” chin guard. Amazing. All winter bags should be this well designed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools