Topic

Lightweight shelter for nordic countries

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Lightweight shelter for nordic countries

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

There is no tent that meets all your criteria. You need to compromise somewhere :)

That’s the answer. What is the number 1 priority? If it’s wind, then the TrailStar is the best lightweight solution, period. But the TrailStar may not fulfill your other needs. If bugs and insects are a concern, and headnets are not a viable solution, then an inner for two people that fits well inside the shelter will make it a heavy shelter. In extreme high winds, I do not want to “hope” my shelter will work, I need to know it will shed wind. A shredded shelter in cold wind driven rain, days from help, is a recipe for serious life-threatening (or worse) consequences.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Brad,

I think the Cloudburst 3 can be had with an optional middle hoop that is held in place with inside-the-fly Velcro wraps. This would give the needed extra support.

I did this with the optional crossing poles for my TT Scarp 2 and Moment DW. Works great. I used Velcro cable wraps cut shorter.

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools