Topic

Lightweight Clothing Layering Systems for Backpacking (Member Q&A)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Lightweight Clothing Layering Systems for Backpacking (Member Q&A)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Backpacking Light
    Admin

@backpackinglight

Locale: Rocky Mountains

Companion forum thread to: Lightweight Clothing Layering Systems for Backpacking (Member Q&A)

How to assemble and save weight on a clothing layering system for hiking and backpacking to stay warm, dry, and comfortable.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Since wool of most any kind holds much more moisture than polyester whys wool of wolf blend fabric recommended OVER polyester fabrics?

BTW, I have often read that polyester knits tend to stink more than wool but i have found that the smell of sweat-damp wool is stronger 9more objectionable to me) than sweat-damp polyester.

The best wool base ayer I’ve ever used was Helly Hanson wool fishnet back in the late ’70s. Unfortunately my wife carelessly put them in the drier and they came out sized for a 9 year old. :o(

Ken Larson
    BPL Member

@kenlarson

Locale: Western Michigan

What other ways do you use Polartec Alpha as a midlayer besides under a rain layer?

James Montavon
    BPL Member

@ct_jmonty-2

I’m also interested in this question after the latest article on wicking (which was awesome! learned so much!!)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools