Topic

Light weight saws.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Light weight saws.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Tipi Walter
    BPL Member

@tipiwalter

When I lived at my Tipi I was processing alot of fire wood for my lodge’s woodstove.  This is similar to what I used—and would go back to—but not for backpacking of course—

This is even better for one man operation—and it has a grip handle on the end—

See—

YouTube video

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

Bushcraft is silly. It’s not necessary and it’s very sad when you come to a well-used campsite and find some bushcrafting idiot has chopped down a small tree for absolutely no legitimate reason except to feed his ego.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

I like my Gerber “Switchblade” saw with a bone saw blade and a wood saw blade. Easy to change from one to the other.The Cordura case has a partition for the extra blade (in its plastic sleeve).

NoCO-Jim
    BPL Member

@noco-jim

Locale: NoCO

Just gotta mention Agawa Canyon’s Boreal21 bow saw….good example of kaizen, continual improvement of Bob Dustrude’s saw.  Comes in at 480g (mine weighed 484g w/o blade, +43.7g w blade), a bit more $$ than the Dustrude saw.  But it is a well thought out, engineered, and dependable saw.

You can view one seasoned user’s comparison here.  Significantly heavier than the Suluk46, and many others mentioned, but this one cuts wood.  Might consider for car camping if a 1lb saw is too heavy for your pack.  But the design/engineering is awesome. Don’t have to return to the factory when When the burner thinks it has overheated (whether YOU think it has or not!), it trips a shut-off valve that must be reset at the factory.”

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools