Topic

Kung Pao Spaghetti

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Kung Pao Spaghetti

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

I finally startetd a blog, and one of the things I’m doing with it is positing recipes for backpacking meals that I have created.  This one- Kung Pao Spaghetti- definitely scored a 10/10 on a recent section hike.

http://fivestarhikes.com/index.php/2018/09/21/kung-pao-spaghetti/

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

So you actually cook. I can’t remember the last time I sautéed at home let alone camping.

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

I’m weird that way, but yes I like to cook.  I am usually hiking with my partner “The Mule” and when we get to camp, he does the manly things (gather firewood, start a fire, fetches our water) and I prepare dinner.  This is where my luxury weight goes- a 2nd Evernew pot, possibly a skillet, a small amount of fresh ingredients (small onion, clove or two of garlic, small piece of ginger root, etc.) that make a big difference to me.  It’s not for everybody.  You’ll have to trust me though, the Kung Pao spaghetti was the bomb.

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

This looks great!  I wonder how it would come out with a cook in the bag method (ramen noodles, FD chicken and seasoning in the bag with just the right amount of boiling water…add desired accouterments at the end… peanuts, green onion, soy sauce, vinegar)?

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

I’m sure a freezer bag wizard could adapt the recipe.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

I’m guessing this could be made at home and then dehydrated. Looks really good. In camp cover with water (+ 1/2″), bring to a boil and it should be good to go. I’m just too lazy to start from scratch in camp.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools