Topic

Kuju Pour Over Coffee Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Kuju Pour Over Coffee Review

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Jenny A
    BPL Member

@jennifera

Locale: Front Range

Well, 1 oz of Shug’s instant espresso per 1 cup of water explains a lot….  And I thought I liked strong coffee!

Ian
    BPL Member

@10-7

Thanks Chase for the write up.

I was a die-hard french press and/or cowboy coffee drinker for many years and only black (occasionally I’ll indulge in a scoop of sugar for a more authentic Turkish coffee).

Not sure if my palate changed but over time I found that while I enjoyed both, unfiltered coffee had more of an acidic kick and could use some improvement.

I switched to a Chemex at home and Aeropress at work and haven’t looked back.  While a metal filter will separate the grounds from the final product, a paper filter will remove some of the oils and imo improve the taste.

Different strokes for different folks.

Thanks again for taking the time to write the article and bringing us your findings.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Strange, I had the exact opposite experience. Bought a bag of Basecamp. Brewed 4 of them and each one was weak, thin and very stale tasting.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Just marked them down at the store here.  They don’t sell.  I’ve seen these attempts over the years.  No good coffee results from any one.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

@Ken

They sell blank pouches similar to what Kuju uses. I wonder if it’s issue with the pouch-not enough coffee-or just the coffee itself. People using other UL pour over methods claim to get good results. The GSI Java Drip seems to work for people but it holds much more coffee.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

The coffee.  If they were using the top percentage of beans their description wouldn’t be as weak as the brew.

Viewing 6 posts - 26 through 31 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools