Topic

Issues seeing recent posts

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website & Forum Support Issues seeing recent posts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Paul McLaughlin
    BPL Member

@paul-1

Lately i find that unless i log in i cannot see the most recent posts in a thread. In some cases this means that in the list view of threads in a patricular forum, i will see a name and time of the most recent post, but that post is not shown if i go to that thread, unless I login. And somtimes there are a couple oofposts that i can`t see until I log in. Happening on two different devices, with two different operating systems, and two different browsers.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

This is supposedly a benefit for members, seriously. I’ve noticed some times a lag of more than three hours. Must suck for Gear Swap.

Eric B
    BPL Member

@eb

Yep, I’ve noticed this too.

And now we have a name for this behavior: “oofposts”.  I like it.

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

This bug/feature has been around since 2017:

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/known-issue-caching-of-recent-forum-posts/

Good news – it used to be much, much worse.

Bad news – ain’t gonna get fixed, now it’s a feature, not a bug.

Login for the latest, or live a few hours in the past. Your choice.

— Rex

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

It’s sort of a feature (insert smiley crying face here) but the decision is more practical.

Pages are aggressively cached for non-logged in users. It speeds up their load times quite a lot. It’s good for business and increases ad revenues.

BUT

We’re moving away from network ad revenues, which is awesome for both you and me. Read the Year in Review for more info.

I know, I know. It’s a barge, a bit slow to move. But move we will. Thanks for sticking with us.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools