Topic

Is a heat exchanger pot worth the weight?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Is a heat exchanger pot worth the weight?

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    John RB
    BPL Member

@biggyshorty

Roger, i couldn’t find that pot on ebay. Is there a way to share (within forum rules) the seller or at least keywords that would help me find it?

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Wow! why would almost every response be flagged with

This reply has been reported for inappropriate content.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

why would almost every response be flagged with
    Because some miserable ratbag using the name geppotronico managed to hack into the system and splat around in the database. He has been removed, but his actions have yet to be dealt with.
    I have unreported all the postings in this thread, but it took a while.

Sigh

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

that pot on ebay
    Dan bought them, not me. I suspect they may have been a ‘disposal’ sale as they were quite cheap. This one may be more or less the same:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Heat-Exchanger-Pot-1L-Foldable-Cooking-Pots-Mesh-Bag-Outdoor-Camping-Cookware/303670195818?hash=item46b427766a:g:xvAAAOSwPcpfTHD8

A search for ‘heat exchanger pot’ on ebay will bring up lots of them, often ‘Fire Maple’, and mostly dearer.

There are also a couple under ‘hard anodised pot’, but watch out for the cost of shipping from a USA vendor.

Cheers

John RB
    BPL Member

@biggyshorty

Thank you Roger.

In your opinion, would this it well with a Soto Windmaster?

Chris FormyDuval
    BPL Member

@chform

Locale: RTP

Give me some criteria and I’ll run a test for you this week. It’s also available with Olicamp branding https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Olicamp-XTS-1L-Hard-Anodized-Aluminum-Pot-Heat-Transfer-System-Backpacking/362397617268?epid=1557506730&hash=item546094cc74:g:F0kAAOSwQZdgIGq2

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

The only problem with putting HX pot A on stove B is whether the pot supports mesh with the cover ring on the underside of the pot. You do NOT want the risk of the pot supports getting tangled up with the ring when you lift the pot up. Flames and hot metal going in unexpected directions.

Cheers

Chris FormyDuval
    BPL Member

@chform

Here are a couple shots with the windmaster. 

Chris FormyDuval
    BPL Member

@chform

John RB
    BPL Member

@biggyshorty

Oooh nice, that looks its great – with the 4 prong one, if my eyes don’t deceive me.

Chris have you found the combination with the windmaster to be a good one in wind/heat exchange, given the rep the windmaster has with “regular” pots?

Chris FormyDuval
    BPL Member

@chform

Haven’t actually used that combination yet. I can try with a little fan and let you know.

Viewing 11 posts - 26 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools