Topic

IKEA Rensare Packing Pods

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) IKEA Rensare Packing Pods

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Thanks to Iago V. for showing these to me over in the HMG Pod Review thread.

IKEA Rensare Pods

Picked up two sets (6 pods) for $15.97 shipped. Arrived this morning. It’s a rainy day so I’m playing gear…

1.2 oz. for the large, .8 oz. for the small. Instead of full clamshell zippers, only two sides unzip; I find this useful in creating a tight corner to help stuff goods.

^ This is the large filled with an XL Montbell Thermawrap jacket, BPL Cocoon Hood, Montbell Dynamo windpants, thermal leggings, socks, and a pair of gloves. I could easily still fit a shirt and pair of running shorts…

^ This is the large pod inside an HMG Southwest 3400. Fit is perfect. Could easily stack another large or two of the small (side by side).

I’ve been tired of digging around in the bottoms of stuffsacks for gear; this will clean things up for sure. All pods will go inside a trash compactor or nylofume pack liner. I don’t trust a backpack alone.

Cheers.

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Glad they worked for you!

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

I treat the HMG pods like gold because they work really well, and quite frankly they cost gold prices. Six Moon Designs are a workable and much cheaper substitute.

These look good… for the price I’ll have to give them a shot.

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

Great thread, I might have to order a few!

I did the same thing with a DCF sewer on Etsy:

https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/a-bespoke-clamshell-pack-organizer-pod/

Chris K
    BPL Member

@cmkannen-2-2

Thanks for sharing this!

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

I ordered two sets as well… looking forward to getting them.

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Received them today from IKEA. Excellent. 1.23 oz’s for the large size.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

I also bought two sets, but doubt I will use them backpacking as I have my kit pretty well dialed in.  Thought they would be useful in my Osprey Transporter Duffel 40 when traveling….if we ever get to travel again that is.

Seem to be good quality and I expect them to come in quite handy.  Price makes the purchase a no-brainer.

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

Do they indicate what the fabric is made of?

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

From the IKEA web site linked above:

Dang – I always iron my pods after dry cleaning them. Too bad :-)

— Rex

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

Well thank you Rex. I completely overlooked that that was a link. I’m really not that lazy I swear :)

Josh J
    BPL Member

@uahiker

Not a bad option.  May have to keep this in mind

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools