Topic

ideas for a couple days around Bozeman

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning ideas for a couple days around Bozeman

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Locale: playa del caballo blanco

see next post

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

I’m from the NE and got a 3 day training contract to come to Bozeman in mid-November. Excited as I’ve never been to Montana. Interested in tacking a couple more days on (that’s all I can do currently) and seeing some mountains. Saw this old thread https://backpackinglight.com/forums/topic/52058/

with some day hike suggestions in August, but wondering if folks in the area have different suggestions/ things I should be aware of for November. Considering Yellowstone but as the whole area is new to me I’m wide open. Hope to come back with the family on a summer cross-country trip.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Robert R
    BPL Member

@rob-r

Locale: North Texas

I was there for a week of fly fishing last year and you’ll be surrounded by mountains. Check out Hyalite canyon which is close to town.  Also while you’re there go to the Western Cafe.  You’ll soon realize why it’s a local favorite.  Obviously if you fish, the world renowned Gallatin River is there (certain scenes from A River Runs Through It were filmed there).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Drop by Ryan’s place and say hi.

Greg Pehrson
    BPL Member

@gregpehrson

Thanks for the tips, Robert. I’ll be traveling with a coworker who would be more interested in day trips, low mileage, but I may have an opportunity to explore a bit solo and maybe do a quick overnight.

Ken, I thought he moved to Wyoming this past year? But hey, I’m totally down for an invite! ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools