Topic

HomeMade titanium windscreen for Snow Peak Giga Auto

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear HomeMade titanium windscreen for Snow Peak Giga Auto

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Wayne Byrd
    Spectator

@w-byrdoutlook-com

Locale: (null)

Hey guys and girls, just wanted to share my most recent project.  I really like the Snow Peak GigaPower Auto stove, but I have wanted a lighter windscreen than the one Snow Peak sells.  I ended up buying a Toaks Light  700ml pot and cutting it down to make a new windscreen.  So basically, I spent $40 on a ti pot and cut it up to save a little more than one ounce on a windscreen.  Yes, I know this is a little crazy, but I have fun doing these types of projects.  This was my first time working with titanium, its pretty tough.  Overall it came out good, if I made another I could make it a little cleaner.  I also made the new windscreen a little taller to help shield the wind better.  Just wanted to share.

Original Windscreen = 1.86 oz

New Ti Windscreen = .77 oz

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools