Topic

Holiday Sale – GOLD Gear SUL Saws

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Holiday Sale – GOLD Gear SUL Saws

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Locale: Northern California

The lightest, simplest, fastest, most versatile, rugged and durable ultralight saws in the world. No moving parts, no assembly or set up required, incredibly sharp, unlimited depth of cut. Triple-edged teeth with unique pull-cutting action optimizes the tensile strength of steel. Blasts through a douglas fir 2×2 in less than 5 seconds!

11″ of teeth razor sharp teeth. Weight is only 2.4 – 3.6 oz (including sheath) depending on grip selection. These saws glide through softwoods like a hot knife through butter and handle hardwoods with ease.

Multiple options of grip type, many color choices for grip & sheath color. Free lifetime sharpening and teeth/kerf re-setting for BPL members plus free shipping to CONUS.

Plain grip: Plasti-Dip directly on steel = 1/8″ thick. Lightest and most compact.
    2.4 oz, $40

Basswood grip = 1/4″ thick. Great for all-around use.
    2.7 oz, $50

Cork grip: It floats! Ergonomic cork grip = 3/4″ thick. Great for extended use like trail maintenance, bushcrafting, big campfires every night, logs, prepping and – obviously – boating, fishing and packrafting.
    3.6 oz, $70

Many possible colors and color combinations:

Michael Schlesselmann
    BPL Member

@mschless

Locale: Southern Los Padres National Forest

How can we purchase these? How much does the comfort increase between the normal plasti-dip vs the basswood?

George
    Spectator

@gbbiv

Locale: Adirondacks

Those look great, I’d like to try one.  PM sent.

Michael Schlesselmann
    BPL Member

@mschless

Locale: Southern Los Padres National Forest

PM sent on the orange basswood! Excited to use this over the winter as I start getting into more snow camping in Minnesota and need actual tools for a campfire.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Thanks Michael. I neglected to mention that the basswood increases the thickness of the grip about 3X and is considerably more comfortable for hard or extended use than the Plasti-Dip only.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

A couple of special orders going out today

Jon Fong / Flat Cat Gear
    BPL Member

@jonfong

Locale: FLAT CAT GEAR

Nice!

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Awesome work, very nice, all of them. That bottom one is sweet whoever gettin that!!

Marcus
    BPL Member

@mcimes

What’s the blade length of the medium and shorty saw? im very tempted by these. nice work

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

The shorty has 6″ of teeth. The mini was made from the 5″ I cut off the end of one of my 11″ saws to make the shorty, so it has about 3″ of teeth.

The customer wanted the shorty for occasional use while hunting. We were discussing how long he wanted the shorty to be and he mentioned that he might try to make something even smaller for true emergency-only use. I said I would throw the cut off bit into his package so he could maybe use it, but while I was making the shorty and letting the Plasti-Dip dry between coats I thought it would be fun to see what I could do with the bit. And voila! After seeing the picture, he suggested I call it the “Pinch” model, as in you only use it in a pinch. I think I’ll go with that.

Shorty as pictured $40

Pinch $20

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools