Topic

High Sierra Glimpses.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports High Sierra Glimpses.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Visual and verbal remnants of a trip over Taboose Pass and into the promised land with Tom.

Sweeping the Garden: High Sierra Glimpses

Casey Bowden
    BPL Member

@clbowden

Locale: Berkeley Hills

Beautiful prose,
    us usual.
    Less is more.
    Trips are forever,
    gear is just stuff.

Hope to hike with you again, and Tom sometime.

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Nice stuff Craig. I think a lot of us have been circling each other out there lately. Big country, lots of room for all :)

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Good photos – they got me stoked for a JMT hike coming up in a week and a half (first time in the Sierras). The shot of fresh trout with lime and garlic made my mouth water.

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

You should have a good time of it Lester, enjoy!.  I think the timing looks perfect for bugs.  I know there are pockets but it was the best I’ve ever had; almost none!  Whereas only a couple weeks ago I was hearing horrendous reports.

Casey and Jacob, I do hope to see you guys on the trail again, I enjoyed our time together.  I’m sure we can figure something out in the future.  I suspect that with the respective ages of our kids that I’m going to have a bit more free time than you guys though…but you’re both living it up with the little ones.

Andy Duncan
    BPL Member

@bluewater

Locale: SoCal

I appreciate your minimalist approach. I like the focus on the subtleties while surrounded by the not-so-subtle big mountain scenery in that area. And the fish remind me to start packing the Tenkara next time.

I was traveling through the basin just west of Bench Lake on the way to Arrow Basin in mid August. Such a beautiful spot!

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Beautiful report, Craig.  You have to tell me how you prepare those trout.

Ito Jakuchu
    BPL Member

@jakuchu

Locale: Japan

Beautiful imagery, from both the photos and words.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools