Topic

Help with Trinity Alps Trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Help with Trinity Alps Trip

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Erica R
    BPL Member

@erica_rcharter-net

I’m looking at an area I haven’t been to before for a trip commencing June 19 2018. Poison Creek trailhead to Boulder lake, camp. Boulder Lake to Lion Lake, crossing Boulder creek, camp. Lion Lake to Lilypad Lake, maybe camp 2 nights. Lilypad lake to Poison Lake Trailhead. My concerns are 1) crossing Boulder Creek and other snowmelting streams. 2) It seems I get pretty high up by Lion Lake, like over 7,000 ft – I’d hate to turn around because of snow.

Any advice on these issues, or comments about this route in general?

Thanks!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Shoot. I was going to link to Ranger Jim’s excellent backcountry report. But he retired. More current info can be found here,

https://northerncaliforniahikingtrails.com/blog/2017/06/16/new-source-for-current-trinity-alps-trail-conditions/

Call the rangers in Weaverville.

Erica R
    BPL Member

@erica_rcharter-net

I have found the “best” source on trail conditions is to call the Weaverville ranger station. Not much to be found on the internet.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Really too bad that they don’t continue Jim’s efforts. That was a great resource.

John Brown
    Spectator

@johnbrown2005

Locale: Portland, OR

There’s a Trinity Alps FB page that has lots of good beta.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools