Topic

Help with stupid forum address issue

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Help with stupid forum address issue

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

When I enter the Backpackinglight address, I’m always directed to an ancient post by Matt Dilthey about his awesome trip to Camels Hump and subsequent intestinal issues. I miss Max! But this has become intolerable. I’m obviously not fluent in computer. How do I get out of this groundhog day-like situation and simply log into the homepage? Don’t judge me! you all have your foibles too.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

wait, I can’t edit…what I meant was, when I click on the “forums” button, I’m directed to Max’s old post.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I use a bookmark to link me directly to the recent forums page. You could do the same with the home page if you desired. What device are you having this issue with.

Max has a blog.

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Long shot here –

Clear your cache.

In Firefox, on a Mac, in the Menu Bar is History/Clear Recent History, with a bunch opitions, one of which is Cache. Something similar must exist on the platform you are using.

Also, What “Forums” are you clicking on –

… Or somewhere else?

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

First off, I won’t judge you, but I have no foibles. Not a one. It’s the cross I bear.

Now, your addressing issue. No idea. But my guess is, when you start typing in the BPL address, your browser auto-completes the address, and you’re not realizing this. But it’s autocompleting the address to Max’s post for some reason.

Try clicking here, it should bring you to the BPL home page. Save that as a ‘favorite’ and use that ‘favorite’ link in your favorites menu (or whatever it’s called on your browser) whenever you want to visit the BPL homepage.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

Oops, should have read the second post. Click here, save that as a favorite. It brings you to the Forums page.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

woo hoo! One of the suggestions or both seems to have worked. I’m on chrome; I found an old backpackinglight bookmark and deleted it. But it was also auto filling the address, and I stopped that. But it’s not the home page that was the problem, it was when I clicked on ‘forums’. Hopefully it’s finished. Thanks guys!

Oh also I’m on an old microsoft platform–I can probably find the equivalent of cache sometime and that would also finalize the problem, I bet.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

yeah, I have one bookmark for recent forums, and one for chaff

maybe chaff is an exercise in driving yourself crazy so no bookmark : )

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools