Topic

Have ursacks changed recently?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Have ursacks changed recently?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

I have a ursack I bought around 4-5 years ago and have never used.  I was considering trying it out on an upcoming trip. I was curious if any improvements have been made to ursack in the last 4-5 years and if so should I upgrade mine to a new one?  Hopefully the one I have will suffice.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Update to stitching on the S29 all white to meet new grizzly reg. You can send in your own one to be updated. But really not necessary, imo.

Jeff Gerke
    Spectator

@mtnrunner

Locale: Utah

Ken, do you know how long ago they upgraded the stitching?  Thanks.

Jeff
    Spectator

@skroober-2

From their FAQ, not sure if this is what he’s referring too.

IGBC certification applies only to bags made after April 1, 2014 even if earlier models were sewn with fewer rows of Spectra thread. S29 AllWhites without sewn grommet holes are made with Spectra thread. S29s made before April 2013 (which may or may not have come with SeamGrip) have sewn grommet holes and are not sewn with Spectra thread. About 90 S29s sold in April 2013 have sewn grommet holes but also have Spectra thread. Some green Ursacks made in approximately 2004 were also sewn with Spectra thread. After that we were no longer able to get that thread or the fabric because the military requisitioned most of the available Spectra.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

2015 on have the updated stitching and may have an additional tag sewn in. I sent mine in to be updated at the time and got it back with an additional tag. Makes it easy to know.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools