Topic

Hanchor Updates Marl & Marble Packs

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Hanchor Updates Marl & Marble Packs

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Chris K
    BPL Member

@cmkannen-2-2

Can anyone comment on the fit / sizing between the Marl and the HMG 3400?

The torso size large on both packs is listed at 19 – 21″.

I ordered a Marl the other day with a torso size large, then happened upon a HMG 3400 at a local shop and the size large fit like a glove, even loaded with 40 lbs! I was kinda shocked at how good it felt. Anyway, hoping the Hanchor pack fits as well.

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

I have a 19 3/8″ torso and previously owned a HMG Porter 3400 in a size large torso that fit perfectly. The top of the stays, and thus the shoulder strap attachment point, sat right at the top of my shoulder crest.

I now own a Hanchor Marl in a size large torso and it too fits perfectly. The shoulder straps wrap my shoulders by about a half inch, the stays extend about 2-3″ above that, and the load lifters extend back at about a 45º angle.

I bet it fits you great. If not, return it and go get the HMG. A good fitting pack is a wonderful thing.

Chris K
    BPL Member

@cmkannen-2-2

Bingo. Thanks, Alex. Just what I wanted to hear.

And good to know I have a back-up that fits.

Viewing 3 posts - 51 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools