Topic

Hammock pillow suggestions for u guys?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Hammock pillow suggestions for u guys?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Chad M
    BPL Member

@exhausted

I basically ball up some piece of clothing but have been looking into picking up an actual pillow for use in my hammock. Light, inexpensive, all that good stuff.  Thanks.

James Marco
    BPL Member

@jamesdmarco

Locale: Finger Lakes

Just use your packing bag to sleep on. I often just strip my pack down (I do anyway) and roll it up inside my compression pack. Toss in whatever else you have, instant pillow.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

I don’t know if you’ve tried it, but I’ve found I’m most comfortable in my hammock without a pillow (I do sleep on my back).

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Stuff sack with some clothes. If real ambitious I will secure it to the end of the hammock so no chasing it down when I would rather be sleeping.

Chad M
    BPL Member

@exhausted

Thank u guys. I get neck pain if I sleep in the hammock without something under my head. Typically yes, i simply use extra clothing in a stuff sack as suggested but in warmer weather I really take nothing bulky along to use. Was thinking along the lines of a blow up type of thing?  But thank u all for the ideas.

windsor ak
    BPL Member

@windsor

Locale: MN

Loco Libre Gear and Hammock Gear both make down pillows. Both are about $25 and 3 ounces.

Dutchware Gear has both a synthetic and an inflatable pillow.Dutch’s inflatable pillow is $2 and 0.58 ounces.

Chad M
    BPL Member

@exhausted

Ty windsor.

Brian Goode
    BPL Member

@blgoode

Hammock Gear has it dialed in. I have 2 of theirs.

Katherine .
    BPL Member

@katherine

Locale: pdx

The Klymt X design works really well in a hammock. It’s a blow-up type.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

I just got a Klymit and will use it next time out.

Rob P
    BPL Member

@rpjr

UGQ makes a down pillow in three different fill weights…it has a little loop on top so you can tie it in to keep it in the right place.

Brian Goode
    BPL Member

@blgoode

4:10 mark I show my pillow.

YouTube video

EastCoastHiker
    BPL Member

@slackpackhiker

I’ve been using down booties, one stuffed into the other for an occasional hammock pillow, used as a neck cradle.

I just bought UGQ’s medium down pillow for the dedicated lux touch. I’m fine w/o a hammock pillow, but it is nice, especially while hanging at home.

Kristed S
    BPL Member

@khs777

I tried the hammockgear down pillow, but found it too small for my liking. I’m using an Exped UL now and like I can add or release air to dial it in and it’s lighter and smaller packing than the down.

Austin Macri
    BPL Member

@wjumoose

I use my packa as a pillow.  I just cant justify bringing along a designated pillow to sleep.  In rainy weather I usually just ball up my down jacket.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools