Topic

Great Divide Trail Thru Hike- Overview

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Great Divide Trail Thru Hike- Overview

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

In July and August, I hiked about 1000km on Canada’s Great Divide Trail.

A challenging trail physically and the fire closures caused some curveballs, but the experience was still rewarding. The Canadian Rockies are majestic and are of an aesthetic not commonly seen in the American Rockies.

I wrote an overview of my experiences, with a lot of photos, for the curious.

https://pmags.com/the-great-divide-trail-overall-thoughts

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Looks amazing – thanks for posting and it’s good to see you back here at BPL.

Lester Moore
    BPL Member

@satori

Locale: Olympic Peninsula, WA

Thanks for sharing your excellent and detailed trip report. There’s no place like the Canadian Rockies – spectacular area and some good photos too.

Paul Magnanti
    BPL Member

@paulmags

Locale: Colorado Plateau

I’ve been hiking and traveling this past year. No longer in Colorado and starting a new chapter. We’ll see where it goes!

Five Star
    BPL Member

@mammoman

Locale: NE AL

Have always enjoyed your posts and your website.  LOL every time I eat a Snickers out on the trail I still think of you.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Very informative write up and stellar photographs. This trip is suddenly on my bucket list. Thanks so much.

Ike

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools